PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DOOLIN CAVE
Doolin Cave Opening Times and Tour Times
Visitor Centre & Cave Tours
16th – 18th: Open daily 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
19th – 26th: Closed for Christmas
27th – 31st: Open daily 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
1st – 8th: Open daily 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
9th – 31st: Open on Fri/Sat/Sun 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
1st – 28th: Open daily 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
1st – 16th: Open daily 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
17th – 31st: Open daily 10am – 6pm (last tour 5pm)
April – September:
Open daily from 10am – 6pm (last tour 5pm)
1st – 30th: Open daily 10am – 6pm (last tour 5pm)
31st: Open 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
November – December:
Open daily from 11am – 5pm (last tour 4pm)
Tours depart on the hour, every hour, with the last tour departing 1 hour before closing time.
Doolin Cave Tour Duration: 45 – 50 minutes
Wild at the Cave café
Open March – November
Good To Know
- We have implemented new safety measures in response to Covid-19. Please view our Covid-19 Response here.
- Face masks are optional and may be worn by visitors at their own discretion.
- There are 125 steps into and out of the cave, every ten steps there is a landing and a handrail all the way down.
- Cancellation/refund policy: You must cancel your tour at least 3 hours before your scheduled tour time to receive a refund. Cancellations, no-shows, or late arrivals are non-refundable. To note, you must arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time and check in at the reception desk. Tours leave on the hour and cannot be joined at a later stage due to a late arrival.
- Upon arrival please collect your tickets at Reception for your guided tour.
- The temperature in the cave remains a constant 11°C (52°F) so it appears cool in summer and warm in the winter. A light jacket or warm sweater will keep you cosy for the tour.
- Buggies and strollers are not permitted in the cave, therefore, small children and babies must be carried. Children under the age of three go free, however, our policy regarding young children is that they can do the cave tour, but should they become upset, frightened or begin to cry we generally recommend the parent bring them back to the visitor centre in which case they would be entitled to a full refund.
- All visitors must wear a hard hat, which will be supplied to you at the beginning of the tour, as the cave passage is low in places
- Dogs are not permitted in the cave or on the eco-trail.
- A sturdy pair of walking boots or shoes are advisable. Open-toed footwear is not suitable for the cave tour as it is slightly muddy and uneven terrain underfoot.
Give yourself plenty of time to explore! There are plenty of things to see at Doolin Cave and taking your time to explore will ensure you get the most out of your visit.
Bring a camera and take some holiday snaps and videos! Don’t forget to share them with us via facebook, twitter, instagram and on tripadvisor #DoolinCave
Remember to allow yourself time to…
- Explore the eco-trail. The eco-trail is a self-guided walk around the outside of the cave setting, it is 1km in length.
- Enjoy a delicious seasonal salad, artisanal sandwich, or baked goods, and a cuppa in the Wild at the Cave café.
- Shop for Doolin Cave Pottery, the finest local arts and crafts, gifts and keepsakes, and more in our gift shop
About Doolin Cave
EXPLORE THE POWER OF ONE
ONE drop of water that kept falling over hundreds of thousands of years to form ONE mighty, breath-taking wonder: the largest, most awe-inspiring stalactite in Europe. ONE dramatic underground experience like no other in Ireland – offering up a limestone wonderland 70 feet below ground. And ONE multi-faceted destination that combines the thrill of a descent into the depths of the earth with a wealth of above-ground attractions. – from the wild beauty of an indigenous walking trail, to fascinating glacial clay pottery to take home and treasure. This is Doolin Cave, a deep dive into a world in ONE. Once experienced – never forgotten.
Doolin Cave is located 15 minutes drive from the Cliffs of Moher and 5 minutes from Doolin on the R479 (Doolin to Fanore Road). Eircode: V95 R299
1 hour from Shannon Airport.
3.5 hours from Dublin.
1 hour, 15 minutes from Galway City.
3 hours from Cork.
Lat Long Co-ordinates
Contact Doolin Cave
Secure, Fast & Easy
There are many accommodation options near Doolin Cave in Doolin Village and in the wider Burren region. From five star hotels and castle accommodation to cosy bed and breakfasts – there are accommodation options in Doolin and the Burren to suit the needs of every traveler. Accommodation options include bed and breakfasts, farmhouse bed and breakfasts, hotels, hostels, camping and caravan sites, guesthouses and self-catering.
Please click on the following link for accommodation options in the local Doolin area doolin.ie
Please click on the following link for accommodation in the wider Burren region burren.ie