PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DOOLIN CAVE
Doolin Cave Opening Times and Tour Times
Visitor Centre & Cave Tours
1st – 7th: Open daily from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
9th – 31st: Open on Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
1st – 28th: Open daily from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
1st – 16th: Open daily from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
17th – 31st: Open daily from 10am. Last tour leaves at 5pm.
April – September:
Open daily from 10am. Last tour leaves at 5pm.
1st – 28th: Open daily from 10am. Last tour leaves at 5pm.
29th: Open daily from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
November – December:
Open daily from 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
Tours depart on the hour, every hour.
Doolin Cave Tour Duration: 45 – 50 minutes
Good To Know
- There are 125 steps into and out of the cave, every ten steps there is a landing and a handrail all the way down.
- Cancellation/refund policy: You must cancel your tour at least 3 hours before your scheduled tour time to receive a refund. Cancellations, no-shows, or late arrivals are non-refundable. To note, you must arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time and check in at the reception desk. Tours leave on the hour and cannot be joined at a later stage due to a late arrival.
- Upon arrival please collect your tickets at Reception for your guided tour.
- The temperature in the cave remains a constant 11°C (52°F) so it appears cool in summer and warm in the winter. A light jacket or warm sweater will keep you cosy for the tour.
- Buggies and strollers are not permitted in the cave.
- All visitors must wear a hard hat, which will be supplied to you at the beginning of the tour, as the cave passage is low in places
- Dogs are not permitted in the cave or on the eco-trail.
- A sturdy pair of walking boots or shoes are advisable. Open-toed footwear is not suitable for the cave tour as it is slightly muddy and uneven terrain underfoot.
Give yourself plenty of time to explore! There are plenty of things to see at Doolin Cave and taking your time to explore will ensure you get the most out of your visit.
Bring a camera and take some holiday snaps and videos! Don’t forget to share them with us via facebook, twitter, instagram and on tripadvisor #DoolinCave
Remember to allow yourself time to…
About Doolin Cave
EXPLORE THE POWER OF ONE
ONE drop of water that kept falling over hundreds of thousands of years to form ONE mighty, breath-taking wonder: the largest, most awe-inspiring stalactite in Europe. ONE dramatic underground experience like no other in Ireland – offering up a limestone wonderland 70 feet below ground. And ONE multi-faceted destination that combines the thrill of a descent into the depths of the earth with a wealth of above-ground attractions. – from the wild beauty of an indigenous walking trail, to fascinating glacial clay pottery to take home and treasure. This is Doolin Cave, a deep dive into a world in ONE. Once experienced – never forgotten.
Doolin Cave is located 15 minutes drive from the Cliffs of Moher and 5 minutes from Doolin on the R479 (Doolin to Fanore Road). Eircode: V95 R299
1 hour from Shannon Airport.
3.5 hours from Dublin.
1 hour, 15 minutes from Galway City.
3 hours from Cork.
Lat Long Co-ordinates
Contact Doolin Cave
Secure, Fast & Easy
There are many accommodation options near Doolin Cave in Doolin Village and in the wider Burren region. From five star hotels and castle accommodation to cosy bed and breakfasts – there are accommodation options in Doolin and the Burren to suit the needs of every traveler. Accommodation options include bed and breakfasts, farmhouse bed and breakfasts, hotels, hostels, camping and caravan sites, guesthouses and self-catering.
Please click on the following link for accommodation options in the local Doolin area doolin.ie
Please click on the following link for accommodation in the wider Burren region burren.ie