How long will I spend on the Doolin Cave Tour?
Fully guided cave tours last 45-50 minutes – extra time for the farmland nature trail.
Remember to allow yourself time to…
- Explore the farmland nature trail. The nature trail is a self-guided walk around the outside of the cave setting, it is 1km in length.
- Enjoy a delicious seasonal salad, artisanal sandwich, or baked goods, and a cuppa in the Wild at the Cave café.
- Shop for Doolin Cave Pottery, the finest local arts and crafts, gifts and keepsakes, and more in our gift shop
Need to Know
- Cave tour bookings are fully refundable if the date of your tour falls within a level of restrictions where our tours cannot go ahead due to government guidelines. Usual booking terms apply when the cave is open and tours go ahead.
- We have implemented new safety measures in response to Covid-19. Please view our Covid-19 Response here.
- We would ask visitors to bring masks as they are required for the tour. They can also be purchased at the cave (at cost price).
- Upon arrival please collect your tickets at Reception for your guided tour.
- The temperature in the cave remains a constant 11°C (52°F) so it appears cool in summer and warm in the winter. A light jacket or warm sweater will keep you cosy for the tour.
- There are 125 steps into and out of the cave, every ten steps there is a landing and a handrail all the way down.
- Buggies and strollers are not permitted in the cave, therefore, small children and babies must be carried. Children under the age of three go free, however, our policy regarding young children is that they can do the cave tour, but should they become upset, frightened or begin to cry we generally recommend the parent bring them back to the visitor centre in which case they would be entitled to a full refund.
- All visitors must wear a hard hat, which will be supplied to you at the beginning of the tour, as the cave passage is low in places
- Dogs are not permitted in the cave or on the nature trail.
- A sturdy pair of walking boots or shoes are advisable. Open-toed footwear is not suitable for the cave tour as it is slightly muddy and uneven terrain underfoot.
- Please note: Due to Covid-19 regulations we ask you to arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled tour. We are unable to accommodate late-comers and cannot refund your payment if you don’t show.
Fast-track your entrance to the Doolin Cave Tour by booking online now.