Doolin Cave beat off stiff competition from the other finalists (The Burren Nature Sanctuary & Sea Synergy Marine Awareness & Activity Centre ) to be named the gold award winner on the day. The judges for the competition included:
- Catherine Mack (responsibletravel.com)
- Kevin Griffin (DIT tourism lecturer and former-EDEN awards judge)
- Paddy Mathews (Fáilte Ireland)
- Annabel Fitzgerald (Irish Water & formerly Coastal Programmes Manager An Taisce)
- Mark Henry (Central Marketing Director, Tourism Ireland)
- Cyril McAree (Managing Director, Hotel & Restaurant Times
The awards took place at the 3nd Irish Responsible Tourism Conference organised by the Irish Centre for Responsible Tourism. The Irish Centre for Responsible Tourism was established in 2013 to promote responsible tourism on the island of Ireland.